A Wichita Falls, Texas Area Photographer




5.19.2008

Run for the Son

Saturday, Brandon and I participated in our first 5K (3.1 mile) run. I was really nervous before we started. I'm not sure why though. My main goal was to run the whole thing without walking and not finish last. I'm happy to say that I acheived those goals! My finish time was around 33 minutes and Brandon finished in 26 minutes. I was hoping to be closer to 30 minutes, but I'm happy with 33. We had a lot of fun too. The event was put on by our church, Colonial Baptist, and the proceeds went to benefit the Pregnancy Help Center. They gave out door prizes afterwards and announced all of the winners for each age group, etc. We are even thinking about signing up for one put on by the Humane Society on May 31st!

2 fabulous comments:

AnnaYoung May 20, 2008 at 10:19 AM  

Cool! Congratuatlsion on achieving both your goals! : ) I thought it wouldh ave bene fun to do the hotter than hell 100, but that's about as far as I got--thinking about it. So keep up the goal making and keeping! : )

The Wells Family May 23, 2008 at 9:35 PM  

That's cool! I did a 5K one time and started getting side cramps about 2minutes into it, so it was tough, but fun too! Oh, to answer a question you had about Leland's job, he works for Lennox heating/AC and he's the district mangager for St. Louis and the surrounding areas. They sell their products to dealers who then sell to homeowners or builders. Talk to ya later!
Melinda

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers